As fall sets in, the days get shorter and the nights get cooler, and Medicare open enrollment is right around the corner. Medicare’s Open Enrollment runs from October 15–December 7. It’s important that your health plan meets the changing demands in your life. Now’s your chance to review your coverage and see if you need to make any changes for next year. Or, you may decide you’re happy with the plan you have now. If that’s the case, and the plan is still being offered next year, you don’t need to do anything.
Over the next few months, look around—you’ll find a wealth of information about your Medicare benefits, especially in these everyday places:
In the mail
- Look through your mail carefully—you may get important notices from your current plan, Medicare, or Social Security about changes to your coverage or any Extra Help you may get paying for prescription drugs.
- Also, look for your Medicare & You handbook. It contains information about all of the Medicare plans in your area. If you decided to “go paperless,” you’ll get an email pointing you to Medicare.gov where you can get all the same information.
- You’ll also start to see brochures from companies that offer Medicare health and drug plans. Just remember, be smart about protecting your personal information and your identity—plans aren’t allowed to call or come to your home without an invitation from you.
On your computer
- Comparing your plan choices is important. The Medicare Plan Finder is ready with all of the 2022 health and drug plan cost information to make it as easy as possible. Enter the drugs you take to find out how you can lower your costs and review the plan’s ratings to compare plan quality. If you need any assistance comparing your plan, please contact BK Insurance Services. We are here to help!
In your community
- Take a moment as you enjoy these crisp mornings to review the Medicare information that’s out there. You may find a local event — somewhere right around the corner with counselors to help you, like your State Health Insurance Assistance Program. Don’t miss the chance to get personalized help if you need it! As the days get shorter and the nights get cooler, enjoy the choice and control you have over your health care coverage. Just like fall, Medicare Open Enrollment only comes once a year.