When Sander Webb graduated from high school during the pandemic, he was spending his days with few opportunities and no pathway for his new chapter of life. This is why Stellify was created. His family realized that there was a lack of opportunities for autistic individuals and a community based individualized program was needed to assist Sander and his friends.
After this realization, Stellify was created by a team of advocates who realized this lack of support needed to be changed. Stellify focuses on the individual, while also building a community that may have never been there for these autistic individuals. Most participants are considered “non-verbal” and have been learning or have already mastered the use of a keyboard for communication. While being “non-verbal” may be an extra hurdle to jump through, we take on all challenges of all individuals to create programs and plans that work for everyone. We want to expand our community and spread the awareness of the capabilities of these individuals. As Stellify strives to aim for the stars, the main goal for all participants is a boost in self-worth while learning independent living skills, physical well-being, and job training. These three categories together create Stellify.
Did you know that 1 in 22 children in California have Autism?
Stellify is a non-profit 501c3 corporation that supports autistic individuals focusing on building their self esteem and self worth through independent living skills, physical well being, and job training. The goal is to help autistic individuals strive towards being a functioning member of society, and with the help of stellify we can reach this goal.
At the core of Stellify’s purpose lies the commitment to unearth the hidden potential within every autistic individual and transform them into a star. This objective is achieved through our three programs: independent living skills, physical well–being, and job training. Our mission is to go beyond these three programs to aim towards personal empowerment and fulfillment of self worth within a productive life. We encompass various aspects such as socialization, physical health, personal interests, and more, allowing each person to discover their unique strengths and unlock their full potential. By upholding these principles, we strive to empower autistic individuals and guide them to turn into stars.
Our vision is to create a future where individuals with autism and other disabilities have the opportunity to realize their full potential and actively engage in their community at every stage of their lives.
Our core beliefs include:
• Providing a range of interventions, services, supports, and programs that offer options and choices to individuals.
• Upholding principles of dignity, equality, and accessibility for people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
• Recognizing and maximizing the abilities and valuable contributions of all individuals with ASD.
Areas of Focus
Independent Living Skills
• Promote safety in the outside world
• Learn how to take care of one’s self (Hygiene, cooking, and cleaning)
• Following societal standards such as shopping rules, walking rules, proper manners.
• Being active to stimulate the mind, body, and soul.
• Stress Reduction
• Social Opportunities
• building self worth by completing unpreferred tasks
• find what interests you and find job opportunities that suit your interests and capabilities